It’s finally here KitKat 4.4.4 the new update for all of you proud owners of a Samsung Galaxy S4, I wish I could say that this is for all Samsung Galaxy S4 owners, but I can’t this update today is for T-Mobile customer only. Aside from the 4.4.4 upgrade, this software update brings some unspecified “Wi-Fi calling enhancements” to the Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile. Owners can also directly download the update via the Samsung Kies app. The baseline version number for this update is M919UVUFNH7. On September 10, 2014 T-Mobile made the OTA (over the air) update available. Simply follow the steps I have outline bellow to update your phone.
Note: Before you proceed with this update make sure to back up your phone files to prevent data loss. Update to M919UVUFNH7 requires a Wi-Fi connection or see: Samsung Kies
Here is how you can check for the update:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key or Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Software update.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive a prompt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is not available, tap on OK.
- If the update is not available, you will receive the message The device is up-to-date.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android version 4.4.4 /Baseband version M919UVUFNH7.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners can use this process to check for any device update or check T-Mobile.
If you find this article useful, please feel free to leave us a comment or suggestion, if you are a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S4 and you are happy with this new update let us know.